I am writing to advise that Belmont City College will open for students tomorrow, Tuesday 27 April. This is in response to Premier Mark McGowan’s announcement this afternoon that the hard lockdown in the Perth and Peel regions will be lifted at 12.01am tomorrow, Tuesday 27 April. However, some restrictions will continue to apply until at least 12:01am Saturday 1 May.
School will commence at 8.35am on Tuesday 27 April for all students. Please note the following guidelines:
- Students who are unwell should stay home.
- Masks are required to be worn by all school staff and secondary students. Exemptions to this rule are:
- Staff with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask.
- Students with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask (please email Ppru Kane – Program Coordinator Student Services at email@example.com to inform our college)
- Students or staff who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Teaching staff are permitted to remove their mask if teaching at the front of the classroom to enable clear enunciation.
- Students are permitted to remove their masks when engaging in strenuous exercise as part of their physical education class.
- Any parents or visitors to the school site must wear a mask, perform hand hygiene, maintain appropriate physical distancing and register on the school sign in device.
- Cleaning staff will be on site during the school day to regularly clean and disinfect high-contact surfaces that are frequently used by students and/or staff
- Arrangements are in place for regular and thorough handwashing for students and staff
- The school canteen will be operating as normal.
Our school staff will continue to work closely with you to ensure that all children can be welcomed back to school on Tuesday 27 April in a safe manner. Your child’s health and well-being remain our priority.