I am writing to advise that Belmont City College will open for the start of Term One from Monday 8 February. This is in response to Premier Mark McGowan’s announcement last night that the hard lockdown in the Perth, Peel and South West regions will be lifted at 6.00pm today, Friday 5 February. However, some restrictions will continue to apply until at least 12:01am Sunday 14 February.
School will commence at 8.35am on Monday 8 February for all students. Please note the following guidelines:
- Students who are unwell should stay home.
- Masks are required to be worn by all school staff and secondary students. Exemptions to this rule are:
- Staff with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask.
- Students with medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask (please email Ppru Kane – Program Coordinator Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform our college)
- Students or staff who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Teaching staff are permitted to remove their mask if teaching at the front of the classroom to enable clear enunciation.
- Students are permitted to remove their masks when engaging in strenuous exercise as part of their physical education class.
- Any parents or visitors to the school site must wear a mask, perform hand hygiene, maintain appropriate physical distancing and register on the school sign in device.
- Only staff and students can attend assemblies. Our intention is to hold year group assemblies at 8:35 am Monday 8 February to commence the school year. Further information about Monday’s year group assemblies will be communicated to families via Connect and Facebook on Sunday 7 February.
- Cleaning staff will be on site during the school day to regularly clean and disinfect high-contact surfaces that are frequently used by students and/or staff
- Arrangements are in place for regular and thorough handwashing for students and staff
- The school canteen will be operating as normal.
Further information will be communicated by the Department of Education and Belmont City College over the course of the weekend. Please keep up to date with this by regularly checking Connect and our college Facebook page.
Our school staff will continue to work closely with you to ensure that all children can be welcomed back to school on Monday 8 February in a safe manner. Your child’s health and well-being remain our priority.