National Skills Week (24th -30th August) is a great time to highlight the industry career initiatives happening at Belmont City College.
It is our goal for students to kick start their career pathways and VET Programs are a great way to develop new skills to get the job they want!
Highlights of the month include:
- Year 10 students are applying to undertake part-time qualifications at SMTAFE & NMTAFE qualifications in 2021
- VET Industry Specific student – Kyle, worked at WesTrac, as part of his Certificate II in Engineering Pathways qualification, building on his employability skills in heavy duty mechanics
- Year 11 work experience is underway with:
- Hospitality students being placed at International Hotels and local cafes and
- Engineering students trying their work skills at welding, boiler making and automotive mechanics
- SMTAFE is offering 3 day taster courses in building and construction at their Thornlie and Rockingham campus – suitable for 10 students
- Year 12 Leavers should check out NMTAFE’s free Skill Ready programs
- Employment opportunities – online ‘Jobs Boards’, traineeships and apprenticeships are advertised on CONNECT
Belmont City College takes pride in assisting students to make informed decisions about industry learning, training and work pathways.
Please feel free to contact or visit the VET Office for further help and assistance.
For further information on National Skills Week 2020, please see links below:
YEAR 12 LEAVERS
For further information on apprenticeships and traineeships: